REQUEST TO DISTRIBUTE INFORMATION TO PARENTS/GUARDIANS
The Newark Unified School District desires to promote positive relationships between the schools and community organizations. Just as community organizations can build support for the schools, the schools can cooperate with these groups under certain circumstances by publicizing services, special events and public meetings of interest to students and parents/guardians.
- Materials must be provided in both English and Spanish per California Education Code 48985.
- Materials approved for distribution shall further the district’s intended purpose, directly benefit the students, support the basic educational mission of the district or be of intrinsic value to the students.
- Advertising copy may be approved only to the extent that the information furthers the educational well-being of the students involved.
- Excessive solicitation of the same sources shall be avoided.
Please refer to NUSD Board Policy 1325
As part of our on-going commitment to ensure parents have quick and easy access to important information, we will use Peachjar to email flyers home to families, digitally. Community Partners wishing to advertise on must go to peachjar.com and set up an account to move through the Flyer Approval Process.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
- Visit peachjar.com
- Register as a Program Provider (account type)
- Upload your flyer for approval
Please contact Miranda Dinsmore in Educational Services for additional information at [email protected]