Skip To Main Content

Explore More

Concerns & Complaints

QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS - WHO DO I ASK?  Please click on link below:


The District encourages the early, informal resolution of concerns at the site level whenever possible.  Parents or guardians of students in the Newark Unified School District are urged to discuss their concerns directly with the school site employee in question.  Please refer to the following steps:

  • Please contact the school site classroom teacher or principal regarding the issue.
  • If there is no resolution at the site level, please contact the Executive Director of Human Resources.
  • If there is no resolution after speaking with the Executive Director of Human Resources, you may choose to file a formal complaint.
  • The types of concerns and complaints are listed below along with links to the corresponding form.

Types of Concerns