Enrollment Transfers

Transfer Requests for the 2018-2019 School Year

Transfers are requested when a parent/guardian wants a student to attend a school other than the student’s home school. Click here to see Newark’s school boundaries.

I live in Newark and I want my elementary student to attend a different Newark school

Intra-District / Open Enrollment applications start at your home elementary school.

If you would like to have your child attend a different elementary school for the 2018-2019 school year, you will need to complete an Open Enrollment (Intra-District Transfer) Request form. These forms can be picked up at the office of the school your child is currently attending. Space is always limited so it is extremely important to fill out and turn in the form as quickly as possible. All Open Enrollment (Intra-District Transfer) requests for CURRENT STUDENTS should be turned in to the District Office between Monday, January 8, 2018 and Wednesday, January 31, 2018. Open Enrollment requests for incoming Kindergarten students will be accepted after registration is completed at the student’s neighborhood school. Registration for 2018-2019 Kindergarten opens March 13, 2018.

Open Enrollment (Intra-District Transfer) Requests that cannot be approved before the school year ends will be reviewed beginning the week before school begins to see if space for more transfers has become available. Pupil Services will continue to check for available space daily for approximately 10 school days. Requesting families will be called as soon as the request can be accommodated. Please call Pupil Services at (510) 818-4202 if you have changed your phone number from what you provided when you turned in the request for transfer.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Click here: Open Enrollment (Intra-District Transfer) Request form

I don’t live in Newark, but I want my student to attend a Newark school

Inter-District applications start at your home school district based on your address.

I live in Newark, but I want my student to attend a school in a different district

Inter-District applications start with Newark.

Please provide: a short letter as to why you are requesting to change school districts; a copy of the most recent grades; a copy of the most recent attendance records; any discipline, IEP or other pertinent documents; and complete the Inter-District Transfer form.

Click here: Interdistrict Transfer Application for School Districts in Alameda County

Click here: Solicitud de traslado entre distritos escolares en el condado de Alameda

Have you already submitted your paperwork?

Schools have no information in regards to your student’s application, please contact Pupil Services at 510-818-4202. Thank you.