If you have a child turning 5 years old on or before September 1, 2019, he/she is eligible for Kindergarten for the 2019-2020 school year. Online registration for Kindergarten opens February 19, 2019.
If you have a child turning 5 years old between September 2, 2019 and January 31, 2020 he/she is eligible for Transitional Kindergarten for the 2019-2020 school year. Online registration for Transitional Kindergarten opens February 19, 2019.
Once you have submitted your online registration you will need to bring the following documents to your neighborhood school to complete the registration process:
- Proof of residency: ONE or more of the following (as stated in E.C. 48204.1 and NUSD AR 5111.1):
- Property tax payment receipt
- Rental property contract, lease, or receipt
- Utility service contract, statement or payment receipt (such as PG&E or water bill)
- Pay stub
- Voter registration form
- Correspondence from a government agency
- Declaration of residency executed by the student’s parent/guardian
- Proof of legal name and date of birth, ONE of the following:
- Birth Certificate
- Baptismal Record
- Passport/ VISA
- Personal Medical Record
- Immunization records that include:
- Polio – 4 doses
- DTaP/DPT – 5 doses (last doses after the age of 4)
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella/MMR – 2 doses (one dose after the age of 1)
- Hepatitis B – 3 doses
- Varicella/Chicken Pox vaccine – 2 doses (updated for 2019-2020)
- Test for TB – Tuberculin Skin Test, we need:
- Date the test was given
- Date the test was read
- Result of the TB test
- If the doctor deems the TB test unnecessary, we must have a signed statement stating that a screening was done and that the child has “No Risk Factors” from the doctor.
- Health Examination Form for Transitional Kindergarten AND Kindergarten students, a physical examination from a doctor performed on or after February 19, 2019. This must include a complete health history, complete physical exam including TB test.
- Oral Health Assessment Form per Ed. Code Section 49452.8, which requires Kindergarten and 1st grade students submit proof of an oral health assessment performed by a licensed dentist. This exam must be done on or after February 19, 2019.
Complete the online registration and return the above documents to your neighborhood school to complete your registration.
Only after ALL the registration requirements are met will your child will be enrolled.
Registration for 2018-19 Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten is still open. You may visit your neighborhood school to obtain a registration packet to start attending this school year.
To see school boundaries, please visit our School Locator site.
Incoming Kindergarten Parents
We had a wonderful turn out at our 2nd Annual Incoming K Parent Meeting. Here are links to the Slide Deck if you missed it or want to take another look.
TK-K Readiness – NUSD Presentation
TK-K Readiness – Espanol