Kindergarten & Transitional Kindergarten Enrollment

2018-2019 Enrollment/Registration

If you have a child turning 5 years old on or before September 1, 2018, he/she is eligible for Kindergarten for the 2018-2019 school year. Registration for Kindergarten is open.

If you have a child turning 5 years old between September 2, 2018 and January 31, 2019 he/she is eligible for Transitional Kindergarten for the 2018-2019 school year. Registration for Transitional Kindergarten is open.

You may pick up a packet and register at your neighborhood school for both Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten.

To complete the registration process, you will need to bring the following:

  • Proof of residency: ONE or more of the following (as stated in E.C. 48204.1 and NUSD AR 5111.1):
    • Property tax payment receipt
    • Rental property contract, lease, or receipt
    • Utility service contract, statement or payment receipt (such as PG&E or water bill)
    • Pay stub
    • Voter registration form
    • Correspondence from a government agency
    • Declaration of residency executed by the student’s parent/guardian
  • Proof of legal name and date of birth, ONE of the following:
    • Birth Certificate
    • Baptismal Record
    • Passport/ VISA
    • Personal Medical Record
    • Affidavit
  • Immunization records that include:
    • Polio – 4 doses
    • DTaP/DPT – 5 doses (last doses after the age of 4)
    • Measles, Mumps and Rubella/MMR – 2 doses (one dose after the age of 1)
    • Hepatitis B – 3 doses
    • Varicella/Chicken Pox vaccine – 1 dose
    • Test for TB – Tuberculin Skin Test, we need:
      • Date the test was given
      • Date the test was read
      • Result of the TB test
      • If the doctor deems the TB test unnecessary, we must have a signed statement stating that a screening was done and that the child has “No Risk Factors” from the doctor.
  • For Transitional Kindergarten AND Kindergarten students, a physical examination from a doctor performed after March 1, 2018. This must include a complete health history, complete physical exam including TB test.
  • Oral Health Assessment per Ed. Code Section 49452.8, which requires Kindergarten and 1st grade students submit proof of an oral health assessment performed by a licensed dentist. This exam must be done on or after August 23, 2017.
  • Registration packet of forms filled out and returned to the school.

Only after ALL the registration requirements are met will your child will be enrolled.

Registration for 2018-19 Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten is now open.

To see school boundaries, please visit our School Locator site.