2021-2022 Online Registration Opens February 12, 2021
If you have a child turning 5 years old on or before September 1, 2021, he/she is eligible for Kindergarten for the 2021-2022 school year. Online registration for Kindergarten opens February 12, 2021.
If you have a child turning 5 years old between September 2, 2021 and December 2, 2021 he/she is eligible for Transitional Kindergarten for the 2021-2022 school year. Online registration for Transitional Kindergarten opens February 12, 2021.
Once you have submitted your online registration your home school office will contact you to complete the ENROLLMENT process: Only after ALL the registration requirements are met will your child be enrolled.
- Proof of residency: ONE or more of the following (as stated in E.C. 48204.1 and NUSD AR 5111.1):
- Property tax payment receipt
- Rental property contract, lease, or receipt
- Utility service contract, statement or payment receipt (such as PG&E or water bill)
- Pay stub
- Voter registration form
- Correspondence from a government agency
- Declaration of residency executed by the student’s parent/guardian
- Proof of legal name and date of birth, ONE of the following:
- Birth Certificate
- Baptismal Record
- Passport/ VISA
- Personal Medical Record
- Immunization records that include:
- Polio – 4 doses
- DTaP/DPT – 5 doses (last doses after the age of 4)
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella/MMR – 2 doses (one dose after the age of 1)
- Hepatitis B – 3 doses
- Varicella/Chicken Pox vaccine – 2 doses (updated)
- Test for TB – Tuberculin Skin Test, we need:
- Date the test was given
- Date the test was read
- Result of the TB test
- If the doctor deems the TB test unnecessary, we must have a signed statement stating that a screening was done and that the child has “No Risk Factors” from the doctor.
- Health Examination Form for Transitional Kindergarten AND Kindergarten students, a physical examination from a doctor performed on or after February 12, 2021. This must include a complete health history, complete physical exam including TB test.
- Oral Health Assessment Form per Ed. Code Section 49452.8, which requires Kindergarten and 1st grade students submit proof of an oral health assessment performed by a licensed dentist. This exam must be done on or after February 12, 2021.
Registration for 2020-21 Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten is still open.
Go online to create your ParentVUE account and start the online registration process. Once that is complete you will need to bring your registration documents to your home school to complete your registration.
Only after ALL the registration requirements are met will your child be enrolled.
To see school boundaries, please visit our School Locator site.
Incoming Kindergarten Parents
Questions about Kindergarten? Here are links to the information shared at our Incoming Kindergarten Parent presentation.
TK-K Readiness – NUSD Presentation
TK-K Readiness – Espanol