October 29, 2019
December 17, 2019 – Canceled
January 28, 2020
February 25, 2020
March 24, 2020
2019-20 LCAP Development
All events are open to the public and will be held at the District Office of Newark Unified School District: 5715 Musick Avenue in Newark.
Community Stakeholder Events
Thank you to everyone who participated in our two annual LCAP stakeholder meetings on January 24, 2019. Attendees examined needs and priorities that will be reviewed by our LCAP Advisory Committee to decide specific goals for improving student achievement in Newark Unified School District. The results of this information will provide the basis for our district’s 2019-2020 Local Control & Accountability Plan (LCAP).
- Thursday, January 24, 2019, 9:00 am – 11:00 am
- Thursday, January 24, 2019, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Click below to view the presentations we shared:
- LCAP Community Event main presentation
- Academic Achievement breakout group presentation
- School Climate breakout group presentation
- Basic Conditions breakout group presentation
LCAP Advisory Committee Meetings
All meetings are 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm. The LCAP Advisory members meet to make recommendations with an opportunity for public comment during the meeting.
- October 17, 2018
- December 5, 2018
- February 6, 2019
- March 20, 2019
- April 10, 2019
- May 1, 2019
- May 22, 2019
Additional Dates of Note for the LCAP
- Board Meeting LCAP Public Hearing: June 6, 2019
- Board Meeting LCAP Approval: June 20, 2019
What is the Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP)?
California uses the Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) to determine how schools are funded. Districts determine how to spend funds to best meet students’ needs; involvement and input from teachers, staff, administrators, parents, students, and community members is required in making decisions about how funds are spent. The final plan for achieving goals and spending funds is the Local Control and Accountability Plan.
There are many steps in the process to ensure that all stakeholders have an opportunity to provide input and review action items before the LCAP is implemented.
Ultimately, the plan must be reviewed by the stakeholders across the district. Because we are a district that has 15 percent or more English Learners, a separate parent committee must provide feedback in this area. District representatives meet with various school site committees as well. The final plans must be approved by July 1.
- 2018-19 LCAP (click here to download) approved by the Board of Education June 19, 2018
- Visit our 2018-19 LCAP Development page for more information on how this plan was made.
- 2017-18 LCAP (click here to download) approved by the Board of Education June 26, 2017
- Visit our 2017-18 LCAP Development page for more information on how this plan was made.
- 2016-17 LCAP (click here to download)
- 2015-16 LCAP (click here to download)