Science in the Park is a FREE family event that makes STEM and health compelling and accessible to children, families, and the general public.
Saturday, October 6, 2018 9am – 2pm
This event includes interactive/hands on activities that promotes STEM, live animal demonstrations, health screenings, friendly competitions, food trucks and much more.
The event will also include an egg drop challenge which is a long standing tradition. Science in the Park partners with the Alameda County Fire Department – the firefighters drop the eggs from the top of their 60 foot ladder!
Egg Drop Challenge Rules
- Bring your own packaged egg
- Egg must be raw
- Packaging can be made from anything (eg. paper, plastic, cardboard etc.)
- Eggs will not be returned unless you are present.
- Each participant will receive a prize.
- Limit ONE (1) egg per participant.
A benefit hosted by Alameda County Supervisor Richard Valle and the Hayward Area Recreation & Park District, in support of the Hayward Area Recreation and Park District, Hayward Education Foundation, New Haven Schools Foundation, Newark Educational Foundation, and Fremont Education Foundation.