If you have a child turning 5 years old on or before September 1, 2018, he/she is eligible for Kindergarten for the 2018-2019 school year. Registration for Kindergarten begins March 13, 2018.
If you have a child turning 5 years old between September 2, 2018 and January 31, 2019 he/she is eligible for Transitional Kindergarten for the 2018-2019 school year. Registration for Transitional Kindergarten begins January 22, 2018.
You may pick up a packet and register at your neighborhood school for both Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten.
To complete the registration process, you will need to bring the following:
- Proof of residency: ONE or more of the following (as stated in E.C. 48204.1 and NUSD AR 5111.1):
- Property tax payment receipt
- Rental property contract, lease, or receipt
- Utility service contract, statement or payment receipt (such as PG&E or water bill)
- Pay stub
- Voter registration form
- Correspondence from a government agency
- Declaration of residency executed by the student’s parent/guardian
- Proof of legal name and date of birth, ONE of the following:
- Birth Certificate
- Baptismal Record
- Passport/ VISA
- Personal Medical Record
- Immunization records that include:
- Polio – 4 doses
- DTaP/DPT – 5 doses (last doses after the age of 4)
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella/MMR – 2 doses (one dose after the age of 1)
- Hepatitis B – 3 doses
- Varicella/Chicken Pox vaccine – 1 dose
- Test for TB – Tuberculin Skin Test, we need:
- Date the test was given
- Date the test was read
- Result of the TB test
- If the doctor deems the TB test unnecessary, we must have a signed statement stating that a screening was done and that the child has “No Risk Factors” from the doctor.
- For Transitional Kindergarten AND Kindergarten students, a physical examination from a doctor performed after March 1, 2018. This must include a complete health history, complete physical exam including TB test.
- Oral Health Assessment per Ed. Code Section 49452.8, which requires Kindergarten and 1st grade students submit proof of an oral health assessment performed by a licensed dentist. This exam must be done after March 1, 2018.
- Registration packet of forms filled out and returned to the school.
Only after ALL the registration requirements are met will your child will be enrolled.