2018-19 LCAP Development Schedule
All events are open to the public and will be held at 5715 Musick Avenue in Newark unless noted otherwise.
- Community Stakeholder Events
- LCAP Advisory Committee Meetings, 6:00 – 8:00 pm, click here for flyer
- January 24, 2018, FOCUS: Engagement
- February 1, 2018, FOCUS: Conditions of Learning
- February 8, 2018, FOCUS: Students Outcomes
- February 15, 2018, Presentation of First Draft to Advisory Committee
- April 26, 2018, Review of Draft LCAP
- May 17, 2018 – Advisory Committee
- June 5, 2018 – Board Meeting LCAP Public Hearing (Advisory Committee attendance optional)
- June 19, 2018 – Board Meeting LCAP Approval (Advisory Committee attendance optional)
What is the Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP)?
California uses the Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) to determine how schools are funded. Districts determine how to spend funds to best meet students’ needs; involvement and input from teachers, staff, administrators, parents, students, and community members is required in making decisions about how funds are spent. The final plan for achieving goals and spending funds is the Local Control and Accountability Plan.
There are many steps in the process to ensure that all stakeholders have an opportunity to provide input and review action items before the LCAP is implemented.
Ultimately, the plan must be reviewed by the stakeholders across the district. Because we are a district that has 15 percent or more English Learners, a separate parent committee must provide feedback in this area. District representatives meet with various school site committees as well. The final plans must be approved by July 1.