Meeting: January 9, 2017 @ 5:00 p.m.
Newark Unified School District Office, Board Library
5715 Musick Avenue, Newark
Here is the January 9, 2017 meeting agenda.
The purpose of the Audit Committee is to provide oversight for financial reporting, internal controls and auditors activities.
Audit Committee shall be comprised of three members, two of which shall be members of the Board of Education and one community member with financial experience. The appointment to serve is a two-year term commitment.
Audit Committee will meet at least four times per year, at least once each quarter.
Excerpt from NUSD Board Policy 3460:
The Board may appoint an audit committee composed of staff knowledgeable about fiscal matters, other staff, and representatives of the community.
The committee shall serve in an advisory capacity and may:
- Make recommendations regarding the selection of the external independent auditor in accordance with Education Code 41020 and 41020.5
- Review the plan for the audit process with the independent auditor to determine the adequacy of the nature, scope, and timetable of the audit
- Review the results of the audit and participate with the independent auditor and management in preparing final recommendations and responses
- Participate with the independent auditor in presenting the audit report to the Board
- Review Board policies and administrative regulations to recommend any revisions needed to ensure effective financial reporting
- Provide input on the effectiveness of the independent auditor
- Periodically report to the Board regarding the status of previous audit recommendations for improving the accounting and internal control systems
For info on joining Audit Committee, please contact Business Services at (510) 818-4115.